Specific responsibilities for this role, in partnership with the the CEO and the company’s board of directors:
Budgeting, financial reporting and controlling
- Supervision of financial book-keeping and external accountants
- In charge of cost/management accounting
- Preparation of documentation for banks
- Preparation of budgets & plans and monthly, quarterly & annual reporting.
- Management & controlling of invoicing and receivables
- Follow-up of time sheets
- Follow-up of expenses and in particular projects or activities related costs, in coordination with the Delivery Managers
- Identification and analysis of significant gaps between budget and actuals.
- Forecasts and specific financial analysis requested by top management
- Presentation to and review of financial position with top management
Tools, systems and procedures
- Define, implement and maintain adequate internal controls
- Selection, implementation & maintenance of accounting and ERP systems
- Review, development, optimization and implementation of accounting procedures
- Follow up of Belgian tax position
- Treasury and Treasury forecast
- Payments management.
The skills and qualifications which are critical for success in this position are:
- 5 years’ experience in controlling and reporting activities (technology/consulting services is a plus).
- Demonstrated accomplishments in areas of financial analysis/reporting, budgeting, internal controls, auditing, working capital and cash flow management, forecasting & consolidated reporting, risk assessment and continuous improvement.
- Good knowledge of Belgian accounting.
- Familiar with Standard Office, accounting and ERP tools.
- Fluent in English, and French or Dutch (trilingual is ideal).
- Willingness to travel to Luxemburg on a regular basis.
- Organized and rigorous, good ability to adapt to change and growth.
- Autonomous with high ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Open-minded with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Entrepreneurial, resourceful, energetic, self-starter
- Approaches challenges with creativity and pragmatism
- Ability to engage team to achieve goals without direct authority
- BS/BA degree
Business Elements is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.